Just after getting a root method, the LG Optimus Pro C660 got a custom recovery port to further expand the customization business on the device and to open the gates for custom ROMs. The recovery’s available in the ROM Manager app and one can easily get it up and running on his device within minutes, if you’re still unsure how to do that, here we have a guide for you. It shows how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your LG Optimus Pro C660 smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the LG Optimus Pro C660 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the CWM Recovery.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the LG Optimus Pro C660:
1. Install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Tap Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option in the app.
4. Select your device from the list that just popped-up.
5. It’ll start downloading and installing the recovery on your device.
6. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
7. And you’re all set!
Well done! You now have a custom recovery running on your LG Optimus Pro C660 that opens up gates for custom ROMs and other tweaks available out there!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus Pro C660 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.