ClockworkMod Recovery’s available for almost all the variants of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone and that does include the AT&T variant. A custom recovery like ClockworkMod allows users to flash custom ROMs and Tweaks to maximize the performance of the device while at the same time, get some new features to try-out and reduce your workload. Even if you haven’t installed any custom recovery before, you will find the following procedure to be simple to follow to get the recovery up and running on the device in no time. Let’s see how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our root guide to root your device.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T):
1. First of all, download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. In the app, you should see an option saying Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Just tap it.
4. It’ll then ask you to choose your device from the list, tap on your device name.
5. It should begin downloading and installing recovery on your device.
6. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
7. And you’re all done!
Awesome! The CWM Recovery has been successfully installed on your device and you can reboot into the same by using the ROM Manager app.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.