Sony Xperia S is among those smartphones that almost substitute digital cameras by allowing users to take high-quality still images. With a 12MP Camera on the Xperia S, all your photos will be saved at the resolution of 4000×3000 with crystal clear quality. The device originally came with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and eventually it got updated to the latest Ice Cream Sandwich. Now the company’s planning to roll out the Jelly Bean update, however, there’s no exact date when such thing is going to happen. You will be glad to know that the device is rootable and by following the steps in the guide below, you’ll be able to root your device. Rooting will help you load root-only apps as well as you’ll be able to modify system files, something not possible on unrooted devices. So, let’s get onto the procedure.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
6. If it asks to choose the mode, select Normal mode.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. And you should be rooted now!
Excellent! Your Xperia S has been successfully rooted and that adds a bunch of new powers to your device that you can use to get the most out of your device!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia S to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: UberGizmo
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss