TWRP Recovery comprises of some of the great features you wouldn’t usually find in the stock recovery, like installing custom ROMs and making nandroid backups, all from once place. Motorola Defy users rejoice as the said recovery’s available for their device and with the help of the following guide, you will have it up and running on your device in no time. The procedure’s quite simple to follow and once done, it opens up gates to a great freedom you could never have with just a rooted device. So, let’s see how you can install TWRP Recovery on your Motorola Defy smartphone.
1. You must have done our How to Root the Motorola Defy procedure.
2. This will replace your stock recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. Install the GooManager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. In the app, tap on Install OpenRecoveryScript option.
4. Tap the Yes option.
5. It’ll ask you to verify your device model, if it’s perfect, simply tap Yes.
6. The app will then download and install the recovery on your device.
7. And you’re all set!
Great! TWRP Recovery has been successfully installed on your Motorola Defy and should you wanted to flash custom ROMs, you can do so now!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola Defy to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.