Sony Xperia P was announced back in 2012 in the Mobile World Congress event that’s usually held every year and captures the attention of IT world. It comes from the Sony’s Xperia alphabet lineup of smartphones, like the Xperia T and Xperia S and holds almost same features. Specifications of the device include a Dual-Core processor and a 4″inch screen, ideal to HD videos and play resource-intensive games. If you’re a proud owner of the device, you’ll be glad to know that a root method has been discovered for the device that allows you to unlock third-party apps and use your device at its fullest. Sounds interesting? huh. Read on to know how you can root your Sony Xperia P smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. Your device must be running on the Android ICS or Jelly Bean.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
6. When it asks to choose the mode, select Normal mode.
7. Select Root option in the tool and it’ll start rooting your device.
8. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
9. And you’re rooted now!
Congrats! Your Xperia P has been successfully rooted and is injected with the Superuser app. You now have the freedom to access all those root-only apps available for your device!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia P to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss