If you haven’t yet installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Exhibit 4G, then you should do it now. A custom recovery like ClockworkMod replaces your stock recovery and offers a handful of useful features, such as flashing custom ROMs, making nandroid backups and so on. And installing a custom recovery is not a difficult thing, all you need to do is follow the following guide and you will have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Samsung Exhibit 4G smartphone.
1. You must have done our How to Root the Samsung Exhibit 4G procedure.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the CWM Recovery archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the recovery archive to your Desktop. You’ll get the actual recovery file named recovery.img.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the recovery.img file over to the SD card of your device.
5. Once the file is copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Now download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device using the link provided above.
7. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
8. Type in following command into the app:
9. Next, enter the following command:
dd if=./recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
10. It’ll flash the recovery on your device and once it’s done, you can issue the following command to reboot into recovery mode:
11. You’re all done!
Amazing! ClockworkMod Recovery has been successfully installed on your Exhibit 4G and you can now start flashing custom ROMs or maybe some tweaks you have found before!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Exhibit 4G to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here and here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.