Huawei Ascend Y H866C is a CDMA smartphone by Straight Talk that runs Android as its operating system and provides users Gingerbread experience. The device doesn’t have too solid specifications, but it’s got a 600MHz processor, 3MP Camera and the normal connectivity options that include Bluetooth and USB. If you’ve purchased this device and wondering if you could root it, well, it’s possible as a root method has popped-up on the XDA Forums that claims to root the device for allowing installation of root-only apps and eventually a custom recovery. This guide will show you how you can root your Huawei Ascend Y H866C smartphone, follow all the steps and you should have root access on your device.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Your device should have at least 50% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Poot APK (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Huawei Ascend Y H866C:
1. Download and place the Poot APK file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once copied, unplug the device from your PC.
5. Open the File Manager on your device and tap on the APK file and install it.
6. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
7. It’ll download some required files, so allow it to do so.
8. Once done, close the app.
9. Launch the app once again from your App Drawer.
10. This time, hit the Poot button and it’ll run some codes.
11. Once done, reboot your device.
12. Head over to Google Play and download the Superuser app.
13. You’re rooted now!
Excellent! Your Huawei Ascend Y H866C has been successfully rooted and you can now install some root-only apps on it to save it from dying!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.