If you’ve rooted your AT&T branded Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone and looking for a custom recovery that is not just filled with features, but has an awesome user-interface, then go for the TWRP Recovery. It’s a custom recovery developed by the TeamWin for most of the Android devices out there to help users in backing up their devices as well as flashing custom firmwares. In this guide, we’ll show you how you can install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T) smartphone. Let’s get started:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our rooting guide to root your device.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Installing TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T):
1. Install the GooManager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once installed, open it from your Menu.
3. Press the Menu key on your device and you should see an option saying Install OpenRecoveryScript. Tap it.
4. Hit Yes on the screen that follows.
5. You should see the name of your device on your screen. If it’s correct, hit Yes.
6. It’ll then automatically download and install the recovery on your device.
7. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
8. And you’re all set!
Brilliant! Your device has successfully been equipped with TWRP Recovery and you can start using it right away!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: Android Tapp
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.