All in One Toolkits have really made rooting smartphones easier and such tools also offer additional customization options, such as flashing recovery, unrooting the device and so on. If you’ve purchased the HTC Desire V smartphone and are looking for a way to root it, then this guide will help you do so. It shows how you can root your HTC Desire V smartphone and enjoy all of those third-party goodies you wouldn’t normally get on an unrooted device. Here’s how you can do that:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so from here.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the HTC Desire V:
1. Download and place the Toolkit archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Double-click on the Toolkit’s executable file and it’ll launch.
5. In the toolkit, select ClockWorkMod and hit Flash Recovery.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. And you’re done!
Great! You’ve successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your HTC Desire V smartphone. Let’s see how you can root the same.
IV. Rooting the HTC Desire V:
1. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Double-click on the Toolkit’s executable file and it’ll launch.
3. Select Perm Root option and hit the Run button.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. And you’re rooted now!
Brilliant! Your device has been successfully rooted and is now capable to run root-only apps as well as custom ROMs using the custom recovery!
V. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Desire V to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.