Though Sony’s known for manufacturing digital cameras for high-quality still capturing, it looks like its own Xperia X10 smartphone needs a bit of treatment in terms of the Camera Quality. The device’s equipped with a 8MP of camera capable to capture stills at the resolution of 3264×2448, however, installing the following camera mod will allow you to capture higher quality pictures. This guide shows exactly how you can install the Camera Mod on your Sony Xperia X10 smartphone. So, let’s get started:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check this guide out to root your device.
2. You must have xRecovery installed on your device. Follow this guide to learn how to install it on your device.
3. You must be running on the official Stock ROM.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Camera Mod (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Installing Camera Mod on the Sony Xperia X10:
1. Place the Camera Mod archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Mod file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the file’s copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Reboot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Back+Power buttons together for a few seconds.
7. Once inside Recovery, choose install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Select the Camera Mod ZIP file you copied earlier for flashing.
9. It will start flashing the file and you can expect it to finish in a minute or two.
10. Once the file’s flashed on your device, reboot your device.
11. And you’re all set!
Awesome! The Camera Mod has been successfully installed on your Xperia X10 and you should be able to notice the changes as soon as you open the Camera app!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.