Want to flash custom ROMs on your Acer Iconia A500 tablet? Haven’t found any way to do that? No problem, we’re here to help you out with it. Installing a custom ROM is a piece of cake and doesn’t require much efforts, all you need to have is a custom recovery installed on your device. For the Acer Iconia A500, TWRP Recovery’s out now and flashing it on the device will let you access custom ROMs, Mods and all sorts of recovery flashable files. If you’re ready, then jump onto the following guide to learn how you can install TWRP Recovery on your Acer Iconia A500.
1. You must have done our How to Root the Acer Iconia A500 Tablet procedure.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. First of all, get the GooManager app installed on your device, the download link’s given above.
2. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Menu key on your device and select Install OpenRecoveryScript option.
4. Tap Yes to confirm your action.
5. You will now be able to see the model number of your device, if it’s correct, hit Yes.
6. Take a cup of coffee as the app will now automatically download and install the recovery on your device.
7. You’re all set!
Awesome! You’ve successfully installed TWRP — a touch-based recovery — on your tablet. Now go ahead and flash your favorite custom ROMs on your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Acer Iconia A500 Tablet to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss