Indian Android Smartphones manufacturer, Karbonn Mobiles, has lately announced its budget-friendly Android device labeled as Karbonn A111. The device sports a large 5″ inch screen and is equipped with a 1.2GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM. With these specs, you should be fine with running some normal games but the resource-intensive games, such as from Gameloft, won’t work as smooth as they’d on any high-end smartphone. Recently a root method has been discovered for the device so you can access root-level files and make customizations on your device. In this guide, we’ll show you how you can root your Karbonn A111 smartphone and unlock the true potential of your device!
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. SRSRoot (Download link’s given at the bottom of the first post)
III. Rooting the Karbonn A111:
1. Download and place the SRSRoot file onto your Desktop.
2. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
3. Enable the Unknown sources option as well from Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the SRSRoot executable file and it’ll launch.
6. Click on Root Device (Permanent) button in the tool as shown below:
7. It’ll start rooting your device.
8. Once your device’s rooted, reboot it.
9. And you’re all done!
Congrats! Your Karbonn A111 has been successfully rooted and you can now run root-only apps on your device!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.