If you’re running Froyo on your Motorola XPRT and want to root it, then please check out our root guide here. Otherwise, if you’re on Gingerbread, keep on reading this guide to learn how you can root your device. Rooting the Motorola XPRT on Gingerbread will let you install root-only apps and you will have more freedom over your device than before. You will be able to modify your device the way you want without being in any limits or anything. So, follow all the steps given in the following guide and get your device rooted.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, it can be instated if you unroot your device provided that an unrooting procedure is available.
2. You must be running on Android Gingerbread.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Gingerbread Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. You can do so using free tools like WinRAR.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Turn ON the Unknown sources option as well from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
5. Once the options are turned ON, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Double-click on run.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. And your device’s rooted now!
Congrats! You’ve successfully rooted your Motorola XPRT on Gingerbread and you should now be able to install root-only apps and a custom recovery, if you wish so.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola XPRT to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss