Want to unroot your Samsung Galaxy Gio (GT-S5660)? No problem, here’s how you can do that. As soon as you unroot your device, your warranty will be reinstated so you can enjoy free services from your manufacturer that are available only for devices having valid warranty. Let’s see how you can unroot your device:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device should have at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place all the three files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from all the three archives to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Launch a Command Prompt Window on the Desktop of your PC. To do so, just hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
6. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window you just opened:
adb reboot download
7. Your device will reboot into the Download mode.
8. Double-click on Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
9. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
10. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked in the Odin.
11. Leave the Repartition option unchecked.
12. Click on Start button and the firmware flashing process will start.
13. Once it’s done, your device will automatically reboot.
14. You’re all done!
Excellent! Your device’s been successfully unrooted and is now running the official Samsung firmware. You will no longer be able to install root-only apps on your device, at least until you re-root it.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss