After getting root-access on your Nook Color, the only thing you’re going to need is a custom recovery and you’re done. With root-access and a custom recovery, you will have full control over your device, its apps and even the firmware, the device will become truly yours. You shall be able to replace your firmware, upgrade to a newer firmware or even downgrade it, you order and the custom recovery will do it. This guide shows how you can install TWRP — a touch-based custom recovery — on your Nook Color. And here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your Nook Color before doing this procedure. The root procedure’s given here.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Installing TWRP Recovery on the Nook Color:
1. First of all, download and install the GooManager app on your device using the link given above.
2. Once it’s been installed on your device, open it.
3. Go to Menu and select Install OpenRecoveryScript option.
4. A prompt will appear on your screen, hit Yes to go ahead.
5. You’ll now see your device’s model number on your screen. Hit Yes if it’s perfect.
6. The app will now automatically download and install the recovery on your device.
7. And you’re good to go!
Cheers! Your Nook Color has successfully been equipped with TWRP Recovery and you should be able to access it just the way you access stock recovery.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Nook Color to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: BusinessInsider
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.