The best way to install a custom ROM an Android device is to use a flash a custom recovery. For the HTC Wildfire S, ClockworkMod Recovery’s already available and now here comes another one, called TWRP. The said recovery is developed by TeamWin and their efforts have really helped thousands of smartphone users get the most out of their devices. All this sounds good to you? huh. Let us show you how to install TWRP Recovery on your HTC Wildfire S (GSM) smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Our root guide should help you with that.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. You can get them from here.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. TWRP Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the Download section)
III. Installing TWRP Recovery on the HTC Wildfire S (GSM):
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Reboot your device into Fastboot mode. To do so, simply press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
7. Issue the following command using the Command Prompt Window you just opened. Replace the recoveryfilename.img part with the actual name of the Recovery Image you downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
8. Once the recovery’s been flashed on your device, reboot your device.
9. You’re all done!
Excellent! You’ve successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on your HTC Wildfire S (GSM) smartphone and you can now unlock the true potential of your device by flashing some kernels, mods or custom ROMs!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Wildfire S (GSM) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.