Want to unroot your Sony Xperia SL smartyphone to reinstate the warranty? Great! We’ll help you do just that. Unrooting your Xperia SL will not only help you reinstate your warranty, but it’ll prevent any accidental modifications of system files. It’s just easy to unroot the device and our guide below makes it much easier for you to unroot your device. So, here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root your device, then the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Sony Xperia SL:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on RunMe.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
6. Select Unroot option in the tool and it should begin unrooting your device.
7. Once it’s done, reboot your device
8. And you’re all done!
Great! Your device’s been successfully unrooted. You may now want to uninstall the root-only apps installed on your device as they won’t work any longer, see this guide to learn how you can do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.