You may want to unroot your Xperia ZL for various reasons, maybe you need your lost warranty back or you just don’t need root-access anymore, this guide will help you unroot your device. Bin4ry’s method that we used to root the device, can also be used to unroot the device and this guide shows exactly how you can do that. So, follow all the steps in the guide below and get your device unrooted.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root your device, then the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Sony Xperia ZL:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Now launch the Root Tool by double-clicking on RunMe.bat file you’ve on your Desktop.
6. Select Unroot option in the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.
7. And you should be unrooted now!
Excellent! Your device’s now back to its unrooted state and you no longer have Superuser in your App Drawer. The warranty of your device has also been reinstated.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.