If you’re fed up of using root-only apps and no longer need root-access on your Xperia Play, you can just unroot your device. Unrooting will reinstate the warranty of your device and you will then be able to bring it to the service center. The procedure’s quite easy to follow and we’ve broken it down into steps so you can easily unroot your Xperia Play. Follow the following guide and get your device unrooted.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root your device, then the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Unroot Package (Download link’s given in the post #145)
III. Unrooting the Sony Xperia Play:
1. Place the Unroot Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Enable the Unknown sources function as well by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
5. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Double-click on the RUNME-UNROOT.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. And you should be unrooted now!
Great! Your Xperia Play has been successfully unrooted and your warranty’s also been reinstated.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.