Now that you have the ClockworkMod Recovery present on your Grand, it’s time to go ahead and root it. And if you are familiar with ClockworkMod Recovery, this will be much more easier although not necessarily required. So read on then to root your Galaxy Grand.
1. You need to have custom recovery installed for this guide to work. Follow our guide on the same to help you.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more and back up anything you feel is important before you begin.
2. UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.10.zip [or the latest version available on the webpage]
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy Fix-Recovery.zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.10.zip to your device’s external SD card.
2. Turn off your device and put it into recovery mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you enter recovery mode.
3. Choose Install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Now navigate to the location of Fix-Recovery.zip and flash the zip file.
4. Go back to the main menu and repeat Step 3 but this time choose UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.10.zip.
5. Go back to the main menu again and select reboot system now.
Once your device reboots, you should have the SuperSU app installed in your app drawer. If you still want to confirm that you have root access, install a root-requiring app or use Root Checker on Google Play to verify.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss