So you have rooted your Motorola Xyboard and now looking for a custom recovery so you can flash custom ROMs? No problem, we’ll help you get it. A custom recovery’s helpful in many terms, it lets you flash new ROMs, make backup of your current ROM and then restore it and so on. TWRP Recovery is one of the popular recoveries available for Android devices and in this guide, you’ll learn how you can get it up and running on your Xyboard. So, let’s get started:
I. Before You Begin:
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Installing TWRP Recovery on the Motorola Xyboard:
1. Start off with downloading and installing the GooManager app on your device.
2. Once it’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Tap the Menu key and select Install OpenRecoveryScript option.
4. Hit Yes to confirm your action.
5. You’ll now see the model number of your device on your screen. If it’s correct, hit Yes.
6. Now take a cup of coffee as the app will automatically download and install the recovery for you.
7. You’re done!
Awesome! It was pretty easy to get the TWRP Recovery on your Xyboard. You can now look for the custom ROMs available for your device, as you can flash them with the recovery in no time!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Motorola Xyboard to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: USA Today
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.