If messaging is what you do on your smartphone the whole day, you should better be getting the Kyocera Rise smartphone. Equipped with a slider-keyboard and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, you’ll have a more comfortable experience chatting with your friends, as unlike the touch-keyboard, you’ll have better grip over the physical one. While the slider is a main attraction of the device, it has some other cool features as well, like a 3.2 MP camera on the back and a 1GHz of processor. The device has been rooted by the developers and if you wish to root yours, you can follow our guide below. It’s got everything you need to know to root your Kyocera Rise smartphone, let’s get started:
I. Before You Begin:
1. Rooting your device will void its warranty. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. You can get them from here.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Rooting the Kyocera Rise:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. Don’t run any files just yet.
3. Open up Menu>>Settings>>Developer options on your device and enable the USB debugging option.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Now double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
6. The first option in the tool is to root your device. So, press 1 and hit Enter.
7. After a few seconds, you’ll see some options on your device’s screen. Tap Restore my data.
8. It’ll then root your device.
9. You should be rooted now!
Congrats! Your Rise has been successfully rooted and is now capable to have root-only apps!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.