Good news for the LG Optimus Logic users as you can now root your device to enjoy thousands of root-only apps available out there. It also includes a custom recovery and this makes it really MUST to do procedure. With a custom recovery like ClockworkMod, you can flash custom ROMs and Mods, something you can’t do with just root. So, if you’re ready, then get onto the guide below to learn how to root the LG Optimus Logic smartphone.
1. You’re gonna void the warranty of your device by rooting it. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on the Windows based PCs only.
3. This should also install a custom recovery on your device.
1. Root Package
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Enable the Unknown sources option as well from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Double-click on the OneClick-Root-CWM.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. And you’re all set!
Congrats! Your Optimus Logic has been successfully rooted and is equipped with a custom recovery. You should now be able to install root-only apps as well as flash custom ROMs with custom recovery!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus Logic to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.