LG Spectrum 2 is the successor of the LG’s first Spectrum device which was launched back in January, 2012. This new version of the device has got significant update over its older variant, instead of a Scorpion processor, the Spectrum 2 uses a 1.5Ghz Krait processor for better performance of the device. Software of the device has also been updated to Android ICS over the Gingerbread that the first Spectrum was running on. Bin4ry’s root method works fine to root the Spectrum 2 device and if you’re interested in rooting your device, head on to the guide below.
1. You should be aware that rooting your device will void its warranty. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you have on your Desktop.
6. Select first option in the tool to root your device.
7. It’ll start rooting your device.
8. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
9. You’re all set!
Excellent! Your Spectrum 2 has been successfully rooted and you can confirm the same by checking out our post available over here.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Spectrum 2 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.