Interested in flashing custom ROMs on your LG Optimus Q smartphone? So are we. The easiest way to install a custom ROM on an Android device is flash it through a custom recovery and within a few minutes, you’ll have a custom ROM of your choice running on your device. Here’s how you can flash a custom recovery on your LG Optimus Q smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the LG Optimus Q procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This should replace your current recovery with the CWM Recovery.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Flash Image (Download link’s available in the first post)
2. CWM Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the LG Optimus Q (Straight Talk):
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Flash Image archive over to your Desktop. You’ll get a file without any extension.
3. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
4. Copy both Recovery Image as well as flash_image files over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once the files have been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Now head over to Google Play and download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device.
7. Once it’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
8. Type in following commands into the app:
mount -o remount, rw /system
cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
chmod 777 flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/LGL55C_recovery.img
9. You should now reboot into the newly installed Recovery mode.
10. You’re done!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully equipped with CWM Recovery and you can flash ROMs and Mods right away!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus Q (Straight Talk) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.