The Internet Explorer that comes with Windows 8 has Bing as its default search engine, of course, as it’s a Microsoft product. Most of you who’re fond of Google might not like this and want to change the default search engine to Google, well, it seems possible now. By simply changing some settings here and there you can set Google as your default search provider. Full instructions on how to do this can be found below:
I. Changing the Default Search Engine in Windows 8 (IE10):
1. Click on the big e icon on your taskbar to open the Internet Explorer 10.
2. Click on the gear icon (settings) given at top-right corner and select Manage add-ons.
3. Click on Search Providers followed by Find more search providers….
4. You’ll be redirected to the IE Gallery page from where you can add a new search provider.
5. Among the search engines available to you, select Google.
6. Click Add to Internet Explorer button on the next page that opens.
7. You’ll see a prompt on your screen, just checkmark the box labeled as Make this my default search provider and hit Add.
8. And you should be done!
Awesome! The Google Search has been added to your Internet Explorer and you can start using it right away!