So you have just got a brand new Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE from Virgin Mobile and your hands are itching to root it, probably to play around with your favorite root-only apps and to give some custom ROMs a shot, then this guide’s going to help you. Rooting instructions, the easiest ones, have been given in the following procedure to help you root your device. So, follow them and get your device rooted in no time.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get them from here.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. TWRP Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. BusyBox (Download link’s given in the first post)
3. SuperSU (Download link’s given in the first post)
4. Odin (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place all of the files above to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive over to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy both BusyBox as well as SuperSU files over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once both are copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
7. Click on PDA and select the TWRP Recovery file you downloaded earlier.
8. Uncheck the boxes labeled as Auto Reboot and Re-partition.
9. Turn OFF your device.
10. Turn it back on by holding down the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
11. Press the Volume UP button to go into Download mode.
12. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
13. Hit the Start button and it’ll begin flashing the file.
14. Once the file has been flashed, unplug your device from your PC.
15. Pull the battery out of your device and put it back in after a couple of seconds.
16. Now press and hold the Volume UP+Power buttons together.
17. Your device should reboot into the newly installed recovery mode.
18. From the Recovery menu, select Install and then choose the BusyBox file you copied earlier to your device.
19. Do the same for SuperSU file as well.
20. Once both the files have been flashed, reboot your device.
21. You’re rooted now!
Awesome! Your device has been rooted and is equipped with a custom recovery. Now flashing custom ROMs and mods isn’t a big deal for you!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE (Virgin Mobile) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss