Custom ROMs are a great way to customize all the elements of your device at once, and sometimes it even increases the performance of the device. Such ROMs come pre-rooted, so you don’t have to follow lengthy procedures to root your device. But before you can install custom ROMs on your device, you need to have a custom recovery installed on your device. If Acer Iconia Tab A200 is the device you own, here’s how you can flash a custom recovery on it.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Acer Iconia Tab A200 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. SimpleTool (Download link’s given at the end of the first post)
1. Download and place the SimpleTool archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Now launch the SimpleTool by double-clicking on AcerA200SimpleTool.bat available on your Desktop.
6. If you’ve proper drivers installed on your PC, just type in 1 and hit Enter.
7. On the next screen, choose the third option and hit Enter.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions.
9. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully flashed a custom recovery on your Iconia Tab A200 and this would certainly bring happiness to your face as you’re now able to do almost anything with your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Acer Iconia Tab A200 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.