Alcatel One Touch 908 was launched back in 2011 with Android 2.2 Froyo on-board. Although it’s been nearly two years since the device was announced, it hasn’t been able to get any firmware updates. That’s the sad part of the story. However, the enthusiast Android developers have come up with a root method for the device, making the users a bit happy with their current device. If you own the Alcatel One Touch 908 device and would like to root it, the guide below is all you need.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You should have proper drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get them from this thread.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. SuperOneClick (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Make sure you’ve installed all the drivers from the link given above.
2. Place the SuperOneClick archive onto your Desktop.
3. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
4. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by simply heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
5. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file and it’ll launch.
7. Hit the Root button given inside and it’ll root your device.
8. You should be rooted now!
Congrats! Your device has been rooted and is equipped with the Superuser app!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Alcatel One Touch 908 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.