If you’ve just purchased a Motorola RAZR V smartphone from Bell and looking to root it, then we’ve got something good for you down below. Yes, a root method for the RAZR V to let you guys enjoy all of those lucrative root-only apps on your device. So without further ado, let’s get onto the procedure and root your device:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s an unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, they’re included in the root package.
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Turn ON the Unknown sources option as well by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Security>>Unknown sources.
5. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Double-click on the adb.exe file available on your Desktop.
7. Now double-click on the DroidRazrRoot404.bat file you have on your Desktop.
8. Take a cup of coffee as the tool will now automatically root your device.
9. Once rooted, reboot your device.
10. You’re done!
Congrats! Your RAZR V (Bell) has been successfully rooted and you can confirm the same by installing Root Checker app!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.