Feels like you aren’t getting the true speed out of your HTC Amaze 4G smartphone? Then just overclock it and it’ll provide you with far better speeds than ever, here’s how you can overclock your HTC Amaze 4G smartphone:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the HTC Amaze 4G procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have TWRP Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the second option that says Recovery and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select Backup and select all the partitions to be included in the backup.
5. Hit Swipe to Back Up and it’ll create the backup for you.
6. You’re done!
1. Faux Kernel (Download the appropriate kernel from the first post)
1. Download and place the Faux Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Faux Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once inside Recovery, select Install and choose the Faux Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
8. Hit Swipe to Confirm Flash and it’ll start flashing the Kernel on your device.
9. Once the Kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
10. You’re done!
1. Download and install any of these apps on your device:
Faux Kernel Enhancement Pro
2. Once installed, launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Now increase the CPU speed using the option or slider available in the app.
4. Go as higher as feel your device comfortable with it.
5. Make sure not to choose the save on boot option in the app until you are not comfortable with the speed.
6. Once you’re done, close the app.
7. You’re all set!
Wonderful! Your HTC Amaze 4G has been successfully overclocked and is now running at a higher clock speed than its default settings resulting in better performance of the device!
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Select Restore and choose the backup package you created in the earlier section.
4. Checkmark all the boxes and hit Swipe to Restore.
5. Your backup will be restored.
6. You’re done!
Cool! The stock kernel’s now back on your device and your device is no more overclock-able!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.