So you want to overclock your Huawei Fusion 2 smartphone to get better performance on your device? No worries, this guide should help you do that. Overclocking’s pretty good thing for Android devices as long as it is used under the limit, just make sure you don’t overclock your CPU at a too higher level or be ready to face issues. Let’s see how you can overclock your Huawei Fusion 2 smartphone running on AT&T network.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our How to Root the Huawei Fusion 2 (AT&T) procedure first to root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. Follow our guide on the same to do that.
3. You must be running CyanogenMod on your device. This doesn’t work for stock ROMs.
II. Make a Backup:
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, open it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option and you’ll reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It’ll create the backup of your entire ROM and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
III. Downloading Required Files:
1. Overclock Kernel (Download link’s available in the first post)
IV. Flashing the Overclock Kernel on the Huawei Fusion 2 (AT&T):
1. Place the Overclock Kernel archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Power buttons together for about ten seconds.
5. You should now be in Fastboot mode.
6. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Now double-click on the file named RUN Me to install OC Kernel.bat available on your Desktop.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions, if any.
9. You’re done!
Excellent! The overclock kernel’s been successfully installed on your Fusion 2 smartphone. You’re now all ready to modify your CPU clock!
V. Overclocking the Huawei Fusion 2 (AT&T):
1. Download either of these apps on your device:
2. Once the app’s been download and installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Increase the CPU clock speed a bit and keep on doing so until your device becomes stable.
4. Make sure not to choose the save on boot option in the app.
5. Once you find your device to be stable at a specific speed, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your Huawei Fusion 2 has been successfully overclocked! Enjoy!
VI. Reverting Back to the Stock Kernel (Optional):
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit Recovery option in the app and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the most recent backup file you have on the list to be restored.
5. It’ll begin the restoration process, should take a couple of minutes to finish.
6. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re done!
Great! You’re back to the stock kernel with no support for overclocking!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.