Overclocking allows you to improve the performance of your device by increasing the clock speed of your CPU. It takes help of a custom kernel to do so and then you can use any app to modify the clock speed. The whole procedure to overclock the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 is given above, so if you’re interested in overclocking your device, read on to learn how:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Head to our How to Root the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 procedure to learn how to root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option and your device will reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It’ll create a backup of your current firmware and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. KatKernel (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the KatKernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the KatKernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it has been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option to reboot your device into Recovery mode.
7. In the Recovery mode, select wipe cache partition followed by Yes.
8. Head to advanced>>Wipe dalvik cache and hit Yes.
9. Now select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
10. Choose the KatKernel zip to be flashed on your device.
11. It will begin flashing the kernel zip on your device, will take a couple of minutes to finish.
12. Once the kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
13. You’re all done!
1. Download and install either of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Now drag the slider or use the available option to increase your CPU clock speed and keep on doing so as long as your device is comfortable with it.
4. Make sure not to select save on boot option in the app as it may crash your device.
5. Once your device becomes stable at a specific clock speed, close the app.
6. You’re all set!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully overclocked your device and now is the perfect time to load-up some resource-intensive apps and games!
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you will reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once there, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Restore the most recent backup you see there on your device.
5. Once the backup has been restored, reboot your device.
6. You’re done!
Cool! You’re back to the stock kernel, all of those overclocking abilities are gone!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.