Touted to be the slimmest Android yet, the Huawei Ascend P6 is not short on specs either – the device features a 4.7-inch IPS display, an 8MP shooter, quad-core 1.5GHz CPU with 2 gigs of RAM, and runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware currently. With such specs, the device was bound to get the attention of devs and sure enough, there is already a rooting procedure available for it. The guide below expands on the same and shows you how to root your Huawei Ascend P6 running Android 4.2.2.
1. Make sure that you charged your device to 75% or more before you start to prevent unwanted shutdowns.
2. Make sure that you have the proper drivers installed for this procedure to work correctly. If haven’t already, install Huawei HiSuite and this should put in place all the necessary drivers for you.
RootGenius.zip [Download link available in Step #2 of this post]
1. Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Development and ticking the USB Debugging checkbox.
2. Connect your device to your PC using a compatible USB cable.
3. Extract RootGenius.zip to a folder on your desktop.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on Root+½-T.exe to run the rooting wizard.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
At the end of the procedure, your device should be completely rooted!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.