WiFi Tethering is one of the inbuilt features of the Android operating system that allows users to share his/her Internet connection over a WiFi network. Unfortunately carriers like Sprint doesn’t like their users sharing their data plans with their friends and in order to prevent so, such carriers have blocked this feature on some Android smartphones, including the Galaxy S4. So if you’re one of the frustrated users of the Sprint Galaxy S4, you’d be glad to know that there’s a way around that helps you get free tethering on your Sprint Galaxy S4. Here’s how:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted and flashed a custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S4. Head here to learn how to do so.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Hotspot Mod (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Enabling WiFi Tethering on the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4:
1. Download and place the WiFi Hotspot Mod archive on your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Mod zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the zip has been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
6. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
7. Hit Recovery option in the app and your device should reboot into the recovery mode.
8. Once in Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
9. Choose the Mod zip to be flashed on your device and it’ll begin flashing it on your device.
10. Once the zip has been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re all done!
Great! You’re now all ready to enjoy native WiFi Tethering on your Sprint Galaxy S4!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.