Rooting your Lenovo A706 will give it powers it previously lacked. Rooting coupled with flashing a custom recovery will enable you to flash custom ROMs (if any), make/restore backups, mount/unmount storage among various other useful tools. The guide below should help you get the rooting part out of the way and you should off to installing root-requiring apps and flashing custom ROMs in no time!
1. You will need to have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device for this procedure to work. Use our guide if you haven’t already got CWM.
2. Back up everything you feel is important before you start.
Lenovo_A706_root_buding.zip [Download link available in Step #1 of this post]
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy Lenovo_A706_root_buding.zip to your device’s SD card [Do not copy it into any subfolders, so the path should be sdcard/Lenovo_A706_root_buding.zip].
2. Disconnect your device and reboot it to ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, with the device off, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until your device enters recovery mode.
3. Once in CWM, use the Volume keys to highlight install zip from sdcard and the Power button to select and execute the option.
4. Navigate to the location of Lenovo_A706_root_buding.zip and select it to begin flashing the zip file.
5. Once flashed, go back to the main menu and select reboot system now.
Your Lenovo A706 should now be completely rooted! To verify, look for the Superuser app in your device’s app drawer or install any app like Root Checker Lite which will confirm root access for you.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
iPhone Screens and Light Kits on sale for a limited time! Head to the shop to check it out! Dismiss