The Alcatel One Touch M’Pop is a decent enough device with a 4-inch touchscreen display, a 5MP camera, a 1GHz CPU with 512MB RAM, and the other things that you might find on a low to mid end Android device. The device runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and there seems to be no indication that this device will ever be updated officially again. There’s hope though, and you can get just a bit more out of this device if you root it. And to root it, it should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, which not only helps you root it, but also make/restore backups, wipe device/cache and install custom ROMs if there are any available. The guide below should help you install ClockworkMod Recovery in no time and you can read our guide on rooting/unrooting the Alcatel One Touch M’Pop here.
I. Before You Begin
1. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
2. Back up everything you feel is important before you start.
II. Necessary Downloads
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the One Touch M’Pop
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy the ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-5020X__root_recovery.img file to your device’s SD card.
2. Power down your device and put it into recovery mode. To do this, with the device turned off, press and hold the Power + Volume Up buttons until you see a black screen with options. Use the Volume Up and Down keys to navigate to Recovery Mode option and use the Power button to select the option.
3. Once in recovery, chose install from SD card.
4. Navigate to the location of ALCATEL-ONE-TOUCH-5020X__root_recovery.img and select to start flashing.
5. Reboot device after the flash is complete.
Your device should now have ClockworkMod Recovery installed! To access it, use the same instructions as in Step #2 of Section III.
IV. Going Back to Stock Recovery
Use the same steps as detailed in Section III but this time use the factory_NON_modified_recovery_Alcatel_5020X.img file.
V. Rooting the Alcatel One Touch M’Pop
Use our guide to root/unroot your Alcatel One Touch.
IV. Flashing a Custom ROM
Use our guide on how to flash a custom ROM if you are unfamiliar with this.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.