How to Add More Options to The Control Center on Your iPhone (JB Tweak)
The control center on your iPhone is that semi-transparent shade that you can pull up from the bottom of your screen. Introduced in iOS 7, it’s a handy little thing if we’re honest. You can use it to control your current music player without having to open the actual app, use it to turn on the back light to find your keys, and use it to toggle on and off things like Wi-Fi, auto-rotate, do not disturb, and more.
But, let’s be real, there’s always room for improvement and thanks to a jailbreak tweak called CCSettings, that improvement comes in the form of adding a ton more toggles to the control center for easier access.
The jailbreak tweak is free even and is easy to install. Here’s how.
I. Jailbreak Your iPhone
1. Your iPhone must be jailbroken before you can install the tweak. Please head to our jailbreaking section to learn how you can jailbreak your iPhone and get Cydia running on it by selecting the version of iOS you are currently running and doing the specific tutorial for that version of iOS. When you’re done, come back here and continue.
II. Install CCSettings for iOS 8
1. Tap on Cydia and it’ll launch.
2. Tap on Search in the bottom-right of the screen.
3. Search for and tap on CCSettings for iOS 8.
4. Tap on Install in the top-right of the screen.
5. Tap on Confirm in the top-right corner.
6. Wait for it to install on your iPhone.
7. Tap on Restart SpringBoard when it appears on your screen.
8. Wait for it to restart.
9. You’re done!
The tweak was successfully installed on your iPhone, and here’s how you can configure and use it on your iPhone:
III. Using CCSettings for iOS 8
1. Tap on Settings on your homescreen.
2. Tap on CCSettings to launch the tweak-specific settings panel on your iPhone.
3. Tap on Toggles per line.
4. Choose the number of toggles you want to have on each line in the control center.
5. Head back to the previous screen.
6. Under the Include section, you can see all the options that are part of the control center on your iPhone. You can move them around to adjust them in the control center by dragging and moving them up or down.
7. To remove an option from the control center, drag it from the Include section and drop it onto the Do Not Include section. It’ll instantly be removed from the control center on your iPhone.
8. Close the Settings panel.
9. Pull up the control center from the bottom of your screen.
10. You should see the newly added options in your control center.
11. You’re done!
Simple, yet effective. Oh, and did I mention free? Let me know if you grabbed this tweak and what you think of it.