How to Change the App Icon Color to Match the App Icon (JB Tweak) (Video)
What makes something look great sometimes is that it matches. What I mean is that, if something needs to look great, everything should blend very well around it — especially the colors used. While Apple has taken every care to ensure that the app icons blend well with the overall appearance of the device, the notification icons need a slight change for them to better match with the app icons they originate from.
While there’s no option to change the color for the notification icons by default, you can have one added using a Cydia tweak.
Using ColorBadges to Change the App Icon Color
ColorBadges, as the name implies, is a tweak that helps you match the color of the notification icons to the app icons. That way the icons look like if they’ve been produced by that app itself and not the iPhone’s default system. Here’s how you can use the tweak on your device:
I. Jailbreak Your iPhone
1. Your iPhone must be jailbroken before you can install the tweak. Please head to our jailbreaking section to learn how you can jailbreak your iPhone and get Cydia running on it by selecting the version of iOS you are currently running and doing the specific tutorial for that version of iOS. When you’re done, come back here and continue.
II. Install ColorBadges
1. Open Cydia.
2. Tap on Search in the bottom-right corner.
3. Search for and tap on ColorBadges.
4. Tap on Purchase in the top-right corner.
5. Log-in with your Cydia account and complete the purchase.
6. Tap on Close when the purchase is completed.
7. Tap on Install in the top-right corner where the Close option used to appear.
8. Tap on Confirm to allow the tweak to be installed on your iPhone.
9. Wait for it to install on your iPhone.
10. Tap on Restart SpringBoard for the changes to take effect.
11. Wait for it to restart.
12. You’ll see the new notification icons appearing in the top-right corner of the app icons.
13. You’re all done!
And there you go.
The WhatsApp notification icon is now green and the Inbox one is blue. Look how blended they are now. Isn’t it lovely?