It’s that time of year again. Apple has just announced their latest and greatest at the Apple Event and for those that didn’t have the time to stare at their computer during the live streams that happened, here’s the boiled down new products that were announced so you don’t have to scour the internet for them all.
- Original Watch price dropped to $269 and comes with a new processor.
- New Watch, Series 2, faster GPU, CPU, brighter display, new bands, and swimproof. Starts at $369.
- New watch comes in aluminum, stainless steel, and white ceramic.
- Nike+ version of the watch as well with more running focused features as well as a social network aspect for motivation.
- New colors: Black and Matte Black (original colors still available as well: gold, silver, rose gold).
- Force sensitive, non-mechanical home button.
- Water and dust resistant (IP67).
- F1.8 aperture on the new 12MP camera with optical stabilization.
- True-tone flash with four LEDs to combat artificial lighting.
- 7MP front-facing camera with image stabilization.
- iPhone 7 Plus has dual 12MP cameras on the back (one is a telephoto and one is a wide angle) – this means a 2x optical zoom, and also software lens blur feature (bokeh) that isn’t available at launch but will come as a software update later.
- 25% brighter screen.
- Stereo Speakers, one at the top and one at the bottom.
- No headphone jack, but a 3.5mm to lightning dongle is included for free.
- New A10 64 bit processor.
- Improved battery life.
- LTE Advanced up to 450mbps (assuming your carrier can provide that).
- iPhone 7 starts at $649 for the 32GB and 7 Plus starts at $769 for 32GB.
- Preorders start Sept 9th, ships on the 16th.
- iOS 10 available Sept 13th.
- New truly wireless headphones from Apple
- Ship late Oct, start at $159
- Pokemon Go has a Watch app that tells you about nearby Pokemon, helps with egg hatching, etc.
- Instagram can now turn Live Photos into a Boomerangs automatically.
There you go, quick and concise. Let me know what you think of the announcements (anyone mad about the headphone jack missing?).