Luca Todesco is at it again. After releasing a jailbreak for iOS 10.1.1 once iOS 10.2 came out, he has now released an iOS 10.2 jailbreak after iOS 10.2.1 is released. Nonetheless, it is a working iOS 10.2 jailbreak will allow you to get Cydia and having mobile substrate working, as well.
Now there are a few other caveats to this jailbreak. Besides that you have to be on 10.2, it only works for all the iOS 10 64 bit devices besides the iPhone 7/7 Plus at the moment (Todesco has been adding devices with some of the new releases).
*I would have done a video on this but I don’t have access to any of the devices that it works for at the moment that are on 10.2. Soon as Todesco updates it to work with 10.2.1 or an iPhone 7 Plus, I’ll do a video to accompany this. Truth is, you can essentially watch my how to Jailbreak 9.3.3 video here under the section “Jailbreak the iPhone with a Mac/PC/Linux” for the majority of the steps –just make sure to use the files and steps from here and that as simply an extra visual aid.
Before You Begin
- A lot of Cydia Tweaks will not work yet.
- It is in beta and has some issues, you use this at your own risk and if you need to undo it, you will be forced to restore to iOS 10.2.1 and that means you won’t be able to rejailbreak until a new jailbreak is released.
- The jailbreak is semi-tethered like Pangu was.
- Perform a backup in iTunes before you begin.
How to Jailbreak iOS 10.2
2. Double click Cydia Impactor and either put it in your Applications folder on Mac or let it install if you are on Windows.
3. Connect your iPhone via USB cable.
4. Open Cydia Impactor and you should see your device name listed in it letting you know it sees it.
5. Drag and drop the Yalu .ipa file onto the Cydia Impactor window.
6. Put in your iCloud user name and password (this will send it to Apple to get a personal certificate for the installation of the file).
7. Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and tap on the profile that has your email there.
8. Tap trust.
9. Tap the Yalu app on the screen to open it. Tap Go in the app and let it do it’s thing for a while. It’ll reboot when done.
Now you can head to Cydia and see if there are any tweaks that work, otherwise, wait until it gets updated so that more work and just sit with the jailbreak for now.
Let me know how this worked for you and good luck!