A quick recap of what was announced today at Apple’s event. From Carekit, Apple’s new HealthKit for after you receive a diagnosis, to the iPhone SE, to a price drop for the Apple Watch to the new iPad Pro (Mini?).
- Apps that can help you with treatment and track results instead of just tracking data like HealthKit.
- Specific apps for specific diseases, post-op checklists, etc.
- Open Source
- Available in April
- New Woven band that comes in four colors.
- New color for sport and leather, and new space black Milanese loop band.
- Price dropped to $299.
- 64 bit A9 processor and M9 motion coprocessor
- Inset stainless steel logo, glass on top and bottom of the back
- Looks like an iPhone 5
- 12MP camera with the same optics as the 6S
- 4K video
- Apple Pay
- Always On “Hey, Siri”
- 3D Touch seems to be missing
- $399 16GB, $499 for 64GB
- Available March 31st (March 24th Preorder)
- Night Shift mode added – Copied F.lux to reduce blue light slowly throughout the day to help your eyes and to help you sleep
- Password protect specific notes in the Notes app
- Every major car manufacturer has agreed to get CarPlay into their cars (Apple’s car service)
- Full list of features added here
- Released today
New iPad Pro
- 9.7″ display, weighs 1 lb
- Not called “Mini”, just iPad Pro in 9.7″ form?
- “True Tone” display measures ambient light in the room and adjusts the color temperature to match.
- Four speakers
- A9X Processor
- “Hey Siri” support
- Custom sized keyboard to go with it
- USB Camera adapter for iPad Pro released
- SD Card reader for iPad Pro released
- Same camera on new iPad Pro as iPhone SE / iPhone 6S (12MP, 4K video)
- $599 for 32GB, $749 for 128GB, $899 for 256GB
- Available March 31st (Pre-orders start March 24th)
Thoughts on all this? Seems the leaks leading up to the event were all pretty spot on, but is anyone surprised by any of these announcements? Let me know in the comments below.
Photos from TheVerge