How to Stop Incoming Calls from Taking Up The Entire Screen on Your iPhone (Video) (JB Tweak)
Oh, people that still call other people… Don’t you know by now that no one calls anyone? Text me, email me, even ping me on Twitter, but actually dial me? Hold the phone.
The only time I should ever get a phone call, is if whatever it is that needs to be said, is seriously time sensitive –as in if you don’t know right this minute, it’s going to mess something up. Maybe you’re coming up to the exit on the freeway you think you’re supposed to turn and need to confirm before you pass it? Fine. You’re standing in line to buy me a present and need to know if I’ll like it and I’m not there? Call, for the love of god. You wanted to just ask me if what I’m up to tonight? Don’t. Even. Dare.
If you’re like me and just feel like phone calls get in the way of what a phone is supposed to be used for (surf the internet, right?) and love the irony in that, then I found a jailbreak tweak you might enjoy.
The tweak this week is called Callbar and it’s really well-designed. Even after downloading it, it reboots the phone and has a guided tour on your screen (remember this is a jailbreak tweak, by the way, as in a grey-market application, not some well-funded new dating app in the app store). After walking you through the ins and outs of the app, it basically boils down to this: calls don’t take up the entire screen, leaving you free to continuing doing whatever you were doing without having to politely (see: angrily) wait for the other person to hang up.
Intersted? Here’s how to install Callbar and use (in case the aforementioned guided tour wasn’t enough).
I. Jailbreak Your iPhone
1. Your iPhone must be jailbroken before you can install the tweak. Please head to our jailbreaking section to learn how you can jailbreak your iPhone and get Cydia running on it by selecting the version of iOS you are currently running and doing the specific tutorial for that version of iOS. When you’re done, come back here and continue.
II. Install CallBar (iOS 7 & 8)
1. Open Cydia on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Search in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Search for and tap on CallBar (iOS 7 & 8).
4. Tap on Purchase in the top-right corner to purchase the tweak.
5. Sign-in with your account to make a purchase.
6. Tap on Pay Now to make the payment.
7. Tap on Close in the top-right corner when the payment’s done.
8. Tap on Install in the top-right corner to install the tweak on your iPhone.
9. Tap on Confirm.
10. Wait for it to install on your iPhone.
11. Tap on Restart SpringBoard for the changes to take effect.
12. Wait for it to restart.
13. You’re done!
And there you go.
CallBar was successfully installed on your iPhone using Cydia. Following is how it works on an iPhone:
III. Using CallBar (iOS 7 & 8)
1. Tap on Settings.
2. Tap on CallBar.
3. You will see a bunch of different options that you can adjust for the tweak. If you don’t wish to modify any settings just yet, the default ones should work fine for you.
4. You should see the tweak working when you get an incoming call on your iPhone.
Ah, no more full screen, annoying calls. Let me know in the comments below if you love the app and be sure to check out my other videos on jailbreak tweaks!