How To: Load a Custom ROM on the Motorola CLIQ
I. Before You Begin
1. You MUST have done the rooting procedure successfully. Visit our How To Root the Motorola CLIQ Procedure and follow it entirely, then come back to this procedure.
II. Flash a Custom Recovery Image
1. Download the CLIQ custom recovery image and then save it to the SD card of your CLIQ (NOT in any folders just on the card).
2. Plug in your phone via USB and make sure USB Debugging is checked on (Settings>Applications>Development>)
3. Open your command prompt on your computer and type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-cliq-v1.5.2.img
4. Once it finishes, close the command prompt.
III. Flashing the Custom ROM
1. Download the ROM you want from our ROMs Section, and save it to the SD card in the CLIQ (NOT in any folders, just on the card itself) just as it is downloaded, do NOT extract it, leave it as a .zip file.
2. Boot into recovery mode by holding down Power and the Camera button until the phone tells you to let go. Then push Volume Down to get to recovery.
3. In recovery mode you should see a list of options. Select Wipe Data, then select Apply Update.zip and choose the ROM file you just placed on the SD card.
4. The phone should flash the ROM and then you can select Reboot and you are all set!