1. You MUST have done our How To Root the HTC Tattoo Procedure. If you haven’t, do it and come back to this once it is done.
1. Download whatever ROM you want from our HTC Tattoo ROMs section. Save it to your computer and do NOT extract it, leave it as a .zip file.
2. Plug in your HTC Tattoo via USB cable and select Disk Drive on the phone and click Done.
3. Copy the ROM .zip file you downloaded to the root of the sd card on your phone (NOT in any folders, just on the sd card itself).
4. Unplug the USB cable once it finishes copying.
5. Turn off the phone.
6. Turn the phone on by holding down Home and Power (keep holding it until the recovery screen comes up).
7. Once at the recovery screen, use the volume arrows to scroll to Backup/Restore and select it using the Send key.
8. Click on Nand backup and click to confirm. Wait for it to finish backing up.
9. Once done, click the back key to get back to the main menu. Select Wipe > Wipe data/factory reset and click to confirm.
10. Once it is done wiping, click the back key to get back to the main menu. Then select Flash zip from SDcard and select the ROM you want and click to confirm.
11. Once it is done flashing the ROM, click reboot system now.
12. Once it reboots you are running your custom ROM, enjoy!
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.