1. You MUST have done our How To Root the Motorola Droid procedure. If you haven’t use the previous link to do it then come back to this one once you are done.
2. THIS WILL ERASE YOUR DATA AND YOU MAY NEED TO REACTIVATE THE DROID TO LOGIN.
1. Search for ROM Manager by ClockworkMod in the Market on your phone. Then download and install it.
2. Open the app, and choose Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
3. Click on your device “Droid (CDMA)”. If it asks for permissions, select Remember then Allow.
4. Once it is done flashing, a dialog box will pop up and tell you it was successful.
1. Turn your phone on so you can get to the home screen.
2. Plug it in via the USB cable and then mount the sd card by pulling down on the notification bar and selecting the notification then clicking mount.
3. Download a custom ROM from our Motorola Droid ROMs section on our site and save it to your computer.
4. Copy the ROM’s .zip file you want to flash to the root of the SD card (not inside any folders on the sd card, just on the card itself). Do NOT extract the .zip file, leave it as it is.
5. Once that transfers to the sd card, unplug the phone from the computer.
6. Turn the phone off and then turn it back on by holding down the X button on the keyboard and Power at the same time until the recovery screen comes up.
7. Using the volume buttons to navigate the recovery menu, select Wipe data/factory reset and wait for it to finish.
8. Then select Wipe cache partition and wait for that to finish.
9. Now, select Install Zip from SDcard, and then select Choose Zip from SDCard and select the ROM you just saved to your SD card.
10. Once it is finished flashing, push Power to get back to the recovery main menu and select Reboot system now. Once it reboots, you are all set! Enjoy!
*If you ever want to load a different ROM, simply redo Section III with a different ROM file!
Thanks ClockWorkMod for his super simple recovery flashing app!