1. You must have done our How To Root procedure.
1. Download the custom recovery image .zip file and extract it to the tools folder of your AndroidSDK on your computer.
Backflip Recovery (Updated 9.18.10)
2. Plug the phone in via USB cable and make sure USB Debugging is checked ON still from the rooting procedure.
2. Open a command prompt on your computer by clicking on the start menu and typing cmd and hitting enter in the search box.
3. In the command prompt type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
adb push recovery.img /sdcard/recovery.img
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
4. Now that the new recovery has been flashed, we are going to make sure the old recovery doesn’t get put back. In the command prompt type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
1. Head over to our Backflip ROMs section and download the ROM you want to flash.
2. Plug in the phone to the computer and mount the sd card (so we can transfer files to it).
3. Copy the ROM’s .zip file from the computer to the root of the sdcard (NOT inside any folders just on the sdcard itself. Do NOT extract the .zip file, leave it zipped).
4. Once it is done transferring, unplug the phone and turn it off.
5. Turn the phone back on by holding down Camera Button and Power and keep holding it until it says to let go. Then click Volume Down for the recovery screen to come up.
6. Select Wipe Data and do a wipe.
7. Then select Apply Zip and select the ROM file you just saved to the sdcard.
8. Once it is done flashing, select reboot now and wait a while for it to reboot. Once done, you are on your custom ROM.
9. To switch to a different ROM, simply redo Section III only with a different ROM file.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!