1. You must have done our How To Root (AndRoot Method) procedure.
1. Head over to our How To Setup ADB procedure, once done and you can see your phone’s serial number, come back to this procedure and continue.
1. Download the custom recovery image for your phone and flash_image and save them to your computer.
Flash_image (Updated 09.24.10)
2. Copy the recovery image and flash_image to the C:\AndroidSDK\Tools folder you setup during the ADB setup procedure. (Its the same folder that has adb.exe in it).
3. Plug your phone in via USB cable and make sure USB debugging is still checked on from the ADB procedure. Do NOT mount the sd card, just leave it unmounted.
4. Open a command prompt on the computer by clicking on the Start menu and typing cmd and hitting enter.
5. In the command prompt type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line (if you get an error after the “adb push flash_image” line below, make sure you downloaded it and copied it into the tools folder of the AndroidSDK as instructed in steps 1 and 2 of this section):
adb push recovery.img /sdcard
adb push flash_image /sdcard
6. When you hit enter after typing in mount it will give you a list. Look in the list towards the bottom for a line that looks like “/dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard”. It may be slightly different but it will have /dev/block at the beginning and /sdcard at the end. We are going to now type mount [AndTheLineWeJustFoundThatLooksLikeTheOneAbove].
mount -o remount,exec /dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard
(Again keep in mind yours maybe be slightly different than mine here, make sure to change what you type here according to what you saw in the options after typing mount originally)
7. Then continue typing with hitting enter at the end of each line:
./flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
6. You should now have a custom recovery image! Turn off the phone and turn it back on by holding down Home and Power until the recovery screen comes up. Once it is up, head to the next procedure to load a ROM.
1. Head to our How To Load a Custom ROM procedure to continue.