1. This will root the Samsung Galaxy Tab so you can load root required apps on to the device.
2. This will also allow you to flash a custom recovery image once you are done.
1. Download the Samsung Kies Software from here and install it to your computer.
2. Open Kies
3. Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
4. Unplug the Tab.
5. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > and check USB Debugging ON.
6. Plug the Tab back in via USB cable and leave Kies open. It should try to connect to it this time and start installing drivers.
7. Once it installs the drivers, close Kies (regardless of whether it actually connected to the device or not).
1. Download the SuperOneClick App from here.
2. Extract the SuperOneClick .zip file.
3. With the phone still plugged in from Section II, right click the SuperOneClick app and Run As Administrator (if no such option exists, just click Open).
3. When it opens, click on Root and wait 5 minutes for it to finish.
4. Once it is done, you are rooted. Enjoy!
1. If you want to be able to create or restore backups and load custom ROMs, then head to our How To Unlock Your Bootloader procedure.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GSM GALAXY TAB OR YOU ARE NOT ON ONE OF THE ABOVE FIRMWARES, SKIP THE UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER PROCEDURE AND GO TO THE NEXT ONE:
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!