So even though Motorola hasn’t officially fixed the MicroSD card slot on the Xoom to enable it to work, some hard working developers at XDA Developers managed to fix it anyway. Here’s how to get it done.
BIG THANKS TO THE TIAMAT TEAM AND BIG THANKS TO JASON TYLER FOR THIS GREAT ONE CLICK APP and THANKS TO JBREW FOR POSTING IT ON XDA. If you like this app and the kernel, please go donate to them or at least tell them thanks!
1. If you have not already done so, head to our How To Root the Xoom and follow the procedure step by step. Once done, return here to this procedure.
1. Download the latest Root My Xoom app w/ Unroot from JBrew78 (EVEN IF YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED, DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION ANYWAY AS IT CONTAINS THE NEW KERNEL FILES).
2. Save it somewhere on your computer.
3. Extract it to somewhere on your computer.
4. Plug your Xoom in via USB cable.
5. Right click the RootMyXoom .exe file and run as administrator (if that option does not exist, simply select open).
6. Instead of hitting Root like you already did in the Root My Xoom Procedure, this time we are going to click the Flash Timat Kernel button instead.
7. Follow the on screen prompts and wait for it to finish.
8. Once done, you are all set! Enjoy!
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!